5 Steps for Making Perfect Green Tea
The Chinese people have been making green tea for thousands of years. Without a doubt, they have perfected the
art. By following these simple 5 steps, you can prepare a perfect pot of green tea exactly the way it is made in China.
Follow these 5 steps for making perfect green tea:
- Fill a kettle cold water, then het it to just less than boiling temperature. this will be around 180° F.
- Pour hot water into a teapot. This can be either water from the tap or water warmed in a kettle. Swish it around to warm the teapot, then throw the water away.
- In the teapot, place 1 rounded teaspoon of green tea leaves for every cup of water.
- Pour the hot water from the kettle into the teapot, over the tea leaves.
- Steep the tea for approximately 3 minutes, according to taste.
In China, the same tea leaves are used over and over throughout the day. The tea actually becomes better with multiple infusions. For example, the first pot will be good, but the third pot that is brewed with the same leaves will usually taste better than the first pot.
Last But Not Least
We suggest that you purchase the very best green tea that you can afford, knowing that the tea leaves can be used multiple times. If you follow the 5 steps for making perfect green tea, you will be able to enjoy it all day long.
Remember also that leftover green tea can be refrigerated and used for iced tea. This will be extra delicious if you add a little fruit juice or cut up fruit to it. Green tea also makes a great base for smoothies.
You may also be Interested in These Articles: