Tea party sandwich recipes that are guaranteed to please. No tea party is complete without a variety of sandwiches. Here are some recipes for easy to prepare yet delicious savory sandwiches that are irresistible and fit for a queen.
Tea Party Sandwich Recipes
1. Curried Chicken Tea Sandwiches
These curried chicken salad sandwiches are wonderful for tea parties. The dried cranberries and apple add the perfect amount of color and extra flavor.
Makes 6 sandwiches
1 cup chicken from a rotisserie chicken, cut into small pieces 1/2 chopped, peeled red apple 1/4 cup dried cranberries 1/4 cup diced celery 1/4 cup chopped pecans 1 thinly sliced scallion or green onion 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or 1/2 plain yogurt and 1/2 mayonnaise, to equal 1/3 cup) 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice 1/2 teaspoon curry powder 12 slices multigrain bread fresh spinach leaves
- Combine apple, chicken, celery, cranberries, pecans, and green onions in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the curry powder, mayonnaise and lime juice.
- Fold the mayonnaise, curry and lime juice mixture into the chicken mixture.
- Cut each bread slice with a 3-inch circle cookie cutter.
- Top each bread circle with chicken salad and spinach leaves.
- Place a bread circle on top.
- Wrap well in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. They should be served within 2 hours of making.
2. Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches
One of the best tea party sandwich recipes, this is a fresh twist on a classic cream cheese and smoked salmon sandwich. It is absolutely delicious!
3/4 cup cream cheese 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh green onions 1/2 organic lemon 16 slices bread 400 gm. sliced smoked salmon
- Mix all ingredients, except the lemon, salmon and bread, in a bowl. 2. Add the juice as well as the zest of the 1/2 lemon and mix thoroughly. 3. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture on 4 slices of bread. 4. Place slices of smoked salmon over the cream cheese mixture and top with the remaining 4 slices of bread. 5. Cut off the crusts and cut each sandwich into thirds.
You may be interested in: